Who we are:
Chartboost is the leading in-app monetization and programmatic advertising platform. We reach a global audience of over 700 million monthly active users and process over 90 billion monthly advertising auctions. The Chartboost SDK is one the most widely integrated mobile ad SDKs and through the Chartboost Exchange, Ad Network, DSP and other services, we empower mobile app developers to build businesses, while connecting advertisers to highly engaged audiences.
Chartboost is hiring a Senior Android Engineer to help us build and maintain our newest SDK product.
The Chartboost SDK is a mobile advertising SDK that empowers game developers to monetize their applications via programmatic ads. Chartboost has a very large SDK footprint across apps from many genres.
Impact you will make:
- Develop new features and improvements in our Chartboost SDK
- Develop and maintain internal apps used for debugging and testing purposes
Apply and promote Android development best practices in order to keep a high-quality development process in our SDK
- Enhance your understanding of low-level implementations whilst working on UI utility apps with the latest technologies
- Work closely with QA team members in order to establish procedures that will keep our SDK stable
- Carefully balance performance, memory, and network usage, respecting users, app developers, and our network
- Keeping up to date with Android technologies as well as maintaining and evolving a Java codebase to a modern Kotlin environment
- Timely communication with Product and Business to ensure priorities are always aligned with company goals
Who you are:
- 5+ years of professional Android software development experience
- A quality-oriented professional with strong unit test skills
- Highly proficient in Android development using Java, Kotlin, the latest Android development tools, and Espresso for testing.
- Have shipped Android apps and/or Android SDKs/Libraries with a server component
The following experience would be a plus:
- Building and shipping SDKs or libraries
- Ad Tech
- Debugging proxies (Charles Proxy, preferred)
- Migrating Java code to Kotlin
- Gradle build process and the android gradle plugin
- The opportunity to help continue to build a company with the founding team
- Comprehensive medical, dental and vision insurance
- 401(k) plan with match through Fidelity
- Catered lunches and fully stocked kitchens
- Commuter Program
- Flex Vacation – personal time to refresh your mind/body/soul, spend time with loved ones and celebrate life events. There is no accrual or specific limit to the amount of time an employee may use
More about us:
We are proud of the product we've built and appreciate the impact it has on other people's businesses and lives. We want to be surrounded by people who are always finding opportunities to try something new and grow. We love data and anything that helps drive intelligent decisions and always design with the user in mind. Sounds like a fit? Join us, and be part of the team that will change the future of mobile gaming!
We are an equal opportunity employer — we celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees and make our hiring decisions without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status.
California Residents, please review the Chartboost California Employment Candidate Privacy Notice before submitting any personal information.