Fictiv Exists to Enable Hardware Innovators to Build Better Products, Faster
Fictiv, coined the “AWS of manufacturing,” is a leading technology company transforming the $350 billion manufacturing industry. Our cutting-edge cloud platform uses AI and machine learning algorithms to help companies build hardware at the speed of software. Come join our growing team!
What’s in it for you?
Opportunity To Unlock Your Creativity
Think of all the times you were held back from trying new ideas because you were boxed in by bureaucratic legacy processes or old school tactics. Having a growth mindset is deeply ingrained into our company culture since day 1 so Fictiv is an environment where you have the creative liberty and support of the team to try big bold ideas to achieve our sales and customer goals.
Opportunity To Grow Your Career
There are plenty of jobs out there. The question is whether any of them will help you grow in your career? Will you be challenged by teammates to achieve your potential? Or are they roles that will ask you to do more of what you've already mastered. At Fictiv, you'll be surrounded by supportive teammates who will push you to be your best through their curiosity and passion.
Impact in this Role
This individual will lead the data team to implement new design and architecture for our cross functional data warehouse systems to give business stakeholders critical insights. You will also support efforts to make the enterprise data meaningful through reports, dashboards, and other related technologies as required by approved stakeholders. The Technical Lead provides guidance as to standards and production support to other engineering developers who work within these technologies.
You will be responsible for understanding requirements, defining architecture, work with the team to create implementation plans, and providing thought leadership for all data solutions and designing data solutions that meet and exceed customer expectations. You will also mentor other developers and oversee development, unit testing, and documentation for the developed solution and develop strong customer relations for ongoing business.
You will partner with the Director of Data & Analytics so we can support and scale our analytics. Collaborate with peer Technical Leads in many different technical disciplines and Business Analysts to mentor, drive team work, and work with stakeholders to understand company goals.
You will report to the Data Engineering & Analytics Director.
What You’ll Be Doing
- Responsible for understanding end-to-end data flows and identifying data dependencies in support of delivery, release, and change management
- Design and architect new ways of collecting data into the data warehouse and own the stability and integrity of all data collection systems
- Institute business intelligence best practices (i.e. dimensional modeling, ETL pipeline, large scale distributed ETL pipelines)
- Responsible for monitoring alerts during data ingestion
- Ensure standardization of SQL coding practices and adherence to coding standards, change control, and SQL best practices
- Collaborate with engineering to ensure changes to event implementations are gracefully handled in the data warehouse
- Manage the security access to the data warehouse
- Create and standardize Data Security Governance policy
- Available to work with remote teams
- Research, Diagnose, and Monitor performance bottlenecks
- Act as a mentor to development teams to help with best practices
- Document development that is to be moved to production
- Creation of implementation plans for code destined for QA or Production
- Have proven experience working with large and complex datasets and are comfortable writing queries directly or utilizing BI tools.
- Experience with Snowflake, Sigma, and Heap is a bonus
- Extensive knowledge of BI concepts and database query languages (i.e. SQL or Python), dimensional modeling, data warehouse design, dash boarding)
- Experienced engineer with the ability to dive into technical details if needed
- You are comfortable with complex data domains, application development, and systems architecture
- You enjoy working with a diverse group of people who have strong opinions. You can guide and lead a team towards high quality decisions when they have differing perspectives and ideas
- You are a clear communicator. You can provide business context for engineers as well as highlight technical challenges for non-engineers
- Ability to present to groups of mixed technical ability
- Comfortable not knowing answers, but resourceful and able to resolve issues. Willing to learn and understand new ways of doing things
- You are comfortable driving standards and best practices for a team or organization
Perks and benefits
- Competitive medical, dental, and vision insurance
- 401K plan
- Monthly Virtual Work stipend for things like food, internet, travel, pet care, health and wellness
- Annual Education stipend
- Parental leave programs
- Paid volunteer days
- Onboarding setup, including: standing desk, laptop, monitor, and chair, and a stipend for additional items such as headphones, blue light glasses, or any other ergonomic supplies you may want or need
- And much, much more!
Fictiv is continuing to expand our remote US workforce. Recent hires include professionals located in:
Arizona (AZ), California (CA), Delaware (DE), Florida (FL), Georgia (GA), Hawaii (HI), Illinois (IL), Indiana (IN), Kansas (KS), Maryland (MA), Massachusetts (MD), Michigan (MI), Minnesota (MN), Nevada (NV), New Hampshire (NH), North Carolina (NC), Ohio (OH), Oregon (OR), South Carolina (SC), Texas (TX), Utah (UT), Virginia (VA), Washington D.C. (DC), Washington State (WA), West Virginia (WV), and Wyoming (WY)
Interested in joining our team? We look forward to hearing from you soon.
Our Digital Manufacturing Ecosystem is transforming how the next rockets, self-driving cars, and life-saving robots are designed, developed and delivered to customers around the world.
This transformation is made possible through our technology-backed platform, our global network of manufacturing partners, and our people with deep expertise in hardware and software development.
We’re actively seeking potential teammates who can bring diverse perspectives and experience to our culture and company. We believe inclusion is the best way to create a strong, empathetic team. Our belief is that the best team is born from an environment that emphasizes respect, honesty, collaboration, and growth.
We encourage applications from members of underrepresented groups, including but not limited to women, members of the LGBTQ community, people of color, people with disabilities, and veterans.