See yourself at Twilio
Join the team as our next Staff Site Reliability Engineer, Messaging.
Who we are & why we’re hiring
Twilio powers real-time business communications and data solutions that help companies and developers worldwide build better applications and customer experiences.
Although we're headquartered in San Francisco, we have presence throughout South America, Europe, Asia and Australia. We're on a journey to becoming a globally anti-racist, anti-oppressive, anti-bias company that actively opposes racism and all forms of oppression and bias. At Twilio, we support diversity, equity & inclusion wherever we do business. We employ thousands of Twilions worldwide, and we're looking for more builders, creators, and visionaries to help fuel our growth momentum.
About the job
If you like improving resiliency and reliability for production services, mentoring less-experienced engineers and solving challenging problems, you might be our next SRE.
The Staff Site Reliability Engineer will be responsible for executing on the roadmap of initiatives such as those listed below.
- Remediation of identified risks relevant to toll-free messaging products and engineering systems
- Regional connectivity expansion for wholesale API
- Infrastructure and deployment automation across all environments
- Migration of all production services to EKS clusters or EKS on Fargate
- Improved observability in Prometheus, Grafana, and application performance monitoring
- Implement secure and highly available logging/auditing across the platform
- Design internal tools for managing toll-free network operations and support (bind restarts, queue flushes, reseller onboarding, and carrier troubleshooting)
Not all applicants will have skills that match a job description exactly. Twilio values diverse experiences in other industries, and we encourage everyone who meets the required qualifications to apply. While having “desired” qualifications make for a strong candidate, we encourage applicants with alternative experiences to also apply. If your career is just starting or hasn't followed a traditional path, don't let that stop you from considering Twilio. We are always looking for people who will bring something new to the table!
- 8+ years of Cloud infrastructure and services design, implementation and support, including having an appropriate sense of urgency, excellent troubleshooting skills and being risk-adverse & security-minded.
- Previous experience as a technical team lead and mentor
- Advanced AWS proficiency, including MSK, EKS, DocumentDB, DynamoDB, Aurora or similar
- Advanced Kubernetes and Terraform proficiency
- Significant experience automating routine tasks and reducing toil.
- Schedule: Flexible work hours with on-call availability one week a month
- Knowledge of ActiveMQ, Kafka, Elasticsearch, Docker, Java, New Relic, python, Grafana, ELK stack, Redis, Carrier-grade networking, F5, Consul.
This role will be remote within the US.
What We Offer
There are many benefits to working at Twilio, including, in addition to competitive pay, things like generous time-off, ample parental and wellness leave, healthcare, a retirement savings program, and much more. Offerings vary by location.
Twilio thinks big. Do you?
We like to solve problems, take initiative, pitch in when needed, and are always up for trying new things. That's why we seek out colleagues who embody our values — something we call Twilio Magic. Additionally, we empower employees to build positive change in their communities by supporting their volunteering and donation efforts.
So, if you're ready to unleash your full potential, do your best work, and be the best version of yourself, apply now!
If this role isn't what you're looking for, please consider other open positions.
Twilio is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. Twilio is proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer. We do not discriminate based upon race, religion, color, national origin, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, reproductive health decisions, or related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, status as a protected veteran, status as an individual with a disability, genetic information, political views or activity, or other applicable legally protected characteristics. We also consider qualified applicants with criminal histories, consistent with applicable federal, state and local law. Additionally, Twilio participates in the E-Verify program in certain locations, as required by law.
Twilio is committed to providing reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities and disabled veterans in our job application procedures. If you need assistance or an accommodation due to a disability, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.